Friday, August 15, 2008

Pygora Yarn, cloth diapers, baby booties and baby blanket!




Here's my first skein/hank whatever you call it, of 2 ply pygora yarn. I have made balls of yarn and knitted them, but this is the first skein. I had to make the ball into this skein to enter it in the fair. I got 2nd place, because there wasn't enough twist, but I thought it was pretty cool to get that for the first skein I've made. It took all year for me to make on my turkish drop spindle while I waited for the kids during their classes at their homeschool resource school. I didn't work on it everytime, so it took forever! Now i hope I can get it back into a ball so I can use it for knitting. It's supposed to make a hat for eva, but it's a little scratchy!











This is the first set of cloth diapers I made for baby maia. They are the poquito pants home sewing pattern, the first thing I have ever sewn on my own with a pattern!






These are the wet felted baby booties I made for maia. They are very light! I needle felted the blue design on them.








This is the baby blanket I made for maia from an old chenille blanket that had been used by someone as a painting drop cloth, and from an soft blanky Josie's daughter used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!