Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Recipe for World Peace

My brother Matt is being deployed to Iraq for the second time at the end of this month. He's here on a visit for 3 days, and it puts the whole war issue directly in front of my face. I want a president elected who will do his best to keep my brother safe, and all the other brothers and husbands and wives and uncles and aunts and grandmas and grandpas who are serving in the armed forces over there in that awful war. I am voting for McCain, and I hope he does the job. In the meantime, I have come up with a recipe for world peace once we extricate ourselves from the mess over there in the mideast.
Every adult, especially world leaders, should take a hint from toddlers in conflict resolution. They have a handle on the non-violent solution to dealing with frustrations. If they don't get their way, or someone wrongs them, they just throw themselves on the ground and have a fit.
So here's my plea to the next president and all leaders of our country and the world:
If the economy plummets further, and you're a little bummed. If another country likes to make nuclear power or says mean things about your country, here's what to do. Start screaming and yelling about nothing in particular. Turn yourself red in the face. Then, throw yourself on the ground and kick and scream. Have yourself a good old fashioned temper tantrum, then get over it.
In this way, world peace will be achieved, I am sure of it. Rather than having any outward aggression in anyway, have a fit. Get it all out. Then go about your business and try to make life better for yourself and those around you.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed this, but it's great! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!