Saturday, July 9, 2011

Waffles for Breakfast--Try our Everyday Recipe!


Nearly every morning, I make waffles or pancakes for breakfast.  I cannot remember recipes unless I have done them at least 300 times, so I know I make this a lot.  I have it memorized.  It's yummy, affordable, and halfway healthy.   We freeze or just shelf the extra waffles, so I only have to make waffles every other day.  That is of course unless we have guests!  They are in heaven having waffles for breakfast, which is always a nice boost for me, considering my kids currently find waffles as normal as toast.  The recipe is so easy, the big kids make the waffles for me sometimes.


We love the recipe.  No one complains about it, and we use wholesome ingredients..unbleached organic flour and, currently, oat flour a friend ground for me.  We use non-GMO canola oil, though I've used olive oil.  We top it with organic no-salt peanut butter that comes in a 3 gallon bucket from Azure Standard, and maple syrup from Costco.  The eggs are from our pasture raised chickens, and milk from Joy, our goat.  The baking powder is from Costco.  Try them out!



Our Favorite Waffles


3.5 c flour
1/2 c oil
4 eggs
3.5 c milk.

Mix.  waffleize for 4 minutes, or whatever works with your waffle iron.  spread with peanut butter and drizzle with syrup.  be full for a long time.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to try these! Judah & I eat oatmeal together everyday with all sorts of fun toppings but, I'm sure he'd love waffles sometimes and not just oatmeal everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will try this soon!!! They sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!