Friday, July 8, 2011

Wenn Blumen Sprechen (or, When flowers Speak)

"I bought a little book called "Liebe Ist" (love is) in Germany during my high school years.  It's a cute little book about how people show love to one another.  One of the ways is through flowers. "Wenn Blumen Sprechen." (when flowers speak).  The illustration is of a bashful boy giving his sweetheart some flowers.  I think God's head-over-heals love for the world is shown each time a flower blooms.  Inspired by my friend, who posted a beautiful photo a lily on her site, I went through my photos looking for flowers.  It was really hard for me to not go back and edit the old ones. Enjoy!



Orchid
Yellow Hibiscus, Hawaii State Flower



Unknown flower in Hawaii Cactus Garden



Cactus Flowers

Those little yellow flowers i grew up picking in Hawaii

Getting dark... 

Plumeria

Back to Washington...Dandelion

Moss Flowers

Wild Strawberry

Teeny wildflowers

Grass Flowers

California Poppy 

California Poppy

Plantain

California Poppy

Youth-On-Age

?

Technically probably a seed pod... not sure

Blackberry

Blackberry

Blackberry

Bleeding Heart

Daisy

Daisy Chain

Daisies

Pea

Wildflower

Daisy

Poppy

Poppy

Poppy

Swamp Laurel

Lamb's Ear

Poppy

Tomato

Forget Me Not

English Daisy

Rhododendron

Wild Rose

Wild Rose

Grass

Salal

Clover

Swamp Grass flowering

English Daisy Chain

Columbine

Salmonberry

Salmonberry

Magnolia

Red Flowering Currant (useful as a dye)

Tulip

Tulip

Self-Heal

Dandelion and Self-Heal

Dandelion and a cute little girl!

Tulips

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you were able to dig all those up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done my birthday picture work for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!