Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fun to Eat, Fun to Pick!

Perfect Blueberry
We have a tradition.  Every year, several times a year, we get together with my oldest friend, Jeanette, to pick berries.  Usually it's strawberries and blueberries.  We've done it so many times, we even have a little song we sing, "Fun to eat, fun to pick, eat too many you might get sick, blueberries!"  I love that I have a friend who's known me since I  was a preteen, and that has the similar background of having grown up in the paradise that is Hawaii. Also, I love just getting out and enjoying the bounty of the Pacific Northwest.




bird flies away



My little calabash nephews



My friend Josie, finding something photogenic



We taught her which color to pick, so she went back over her bucket...














Auntie Jeanette!


rare sight!


Honey Stick Bliss


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!