Monday, September 26, 2011

Bloom where you are planted


These two photos represent today.  The first is a rose, given to be by my dear friend Kari...on the occasion of her birthday!  She thought of getting it for herself, and instead gave it to me.  I can't remember the last time I was given a rose.  It is lovely, and reminds me of what wonderful friends I have, and how key they are in building me back up when I just feel yucky.



I noticed these remnants of flowers as I stepped over a curb at the kids' school today.  I think they look like starbursts.  They are beautiful in their age.  They have done the hard work of passing on their genetic code into little seeds, and they are light with the freedom that comes in fulfilling their destiny.

It was a hard day for me on the home front.  I was faced very clearly with my shortcomings, and instead of taking it gracefully, I whined and complained.  I want to be like these flowers instead.  I want to spend my energy on giving life.  Even when I am not perfect and fall short, I know my purpose, and I will, in God's strength, try to serve my family as I am meant to, being a caring and giving wife and a patient but gently firm mother who goads her children on to good things, so that they can be who they too are meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!