Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Up close: How to turn your cell phone camera into a macro close up camera

penny
Quite a while ago, I read that you can turn your cell phone camera into a macro camera.  All you need is the lens that a dvd player uses to read dvds.  Luckily, a good friend of mine has a husband who takes apart old electronics...he had lots of these little lenses.  She gave me the lenses for my photo class to maybe try, and I had to try it out!  All you do is take some scotch tape and stick the lens over your cell phone camera lens, and voila, up close and personal with Mr Lincoln!  I did notice that I should use opaque tape for smaller lenses because light tends to peek in around the lens.  What an awesome use for a broken dvd player!


key

penny

dime

my eye

bee wing

fly

dime

fly

resistor?

my wedding ring.  you can see the flaws

eye

penny

dime

fly


tiny wing






key

screwdriver


tiny winged thing

ball point pen

2 comments:

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!