Saturday, October 15, 2011

Roy and His Men




Almost a year ago, I was asked to be a second shooter with my friend Josie at Roy and Shawna's wedding.  My job was mainly to get shots of the groomsmen and all the guests, to do wide angle shots of the whole affair, and do try to catch lots of shots to fill in any blanks Josie might have.  I ended up getting some images of the garter and bouquet tosses, the kiss, and all that other fun stuff too.  I love weddings, but I really love getting to help take pictures at them!  Here are some of my favorite photos of Roy and his men.  They were good sports.  I had all kinds of ideas for them to try, and they humored me.

the flying "V" formation


the relaxed, nonchalant look.

if they were a band, this could be their album cover
love the reflection in these shades


this door frame was beautiful.  I had to try to use it.

Shauna sent a little bear for Roy with one of her bridesmaids...he was carrying something special!

Contemplating the manliness of holding a teddy bear before a wedding.


Caught the eyebrow lift!

The deck of cards shot.  they were all fanned out like a deck of cards spread across a table, Roy in front.


Yes, they do have eyes!

First day of the best years of his life!

preparing to go for that famous Beatles shot

and this beautiful car happens to drive up

trying to make the "Abbey Road" album cover before they got run over.  Didn't quite get it, but it was fun to try.  I need a step ladder!

Word.


All for one....


Ready to seize the day!

Nice shoes!

I love this old building.  It was at the Marysville Opera House.

This is Roy's dad.  He's got a great sense of humor and he distracted me from my nerves as I waited to do the groomsmen shoot.

Roy's dad and some groomsmen visiting.
Tying the shoe...almost time to walk up on that stage and wait for his beautiful bride!





























3 comments:

  1. Oh Angie!!! What wonderful pictures that bring back SO many memories of those special moments! You did an AWESOME job, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!