Monday, October 17, 2011

Smile Makers

At the doctor, they give the kids stickers made by a company called "Smile Makers."  I was looking through some pictures from a few weeks ago, and decided that they make me smile.  I don't even need a Dora Sticker!  Hope they make you smile too.

This is calendula.  It grows beside the walkway to my house.  It is my friend because it makes many pretend games for my girls, as well as being a good healing herb.   Also, for such a small flower, it is really very lovely.   



These are the leftover bits of silk from the maypole I did with my fiber arts class students last year.  It makes me happy because it reminds me of dyeing the fabric, wrapping the pole to cheesy maypole songs, and best of all, it reminds me of my friend Lisa.  I had given Lisa some of the ribbons when I unwrapped the pole, and she made  a lovely decoration to hang on her front porch....so I did the same.

This is a Hawaiian style slipper.  It's Saraiah's and is cute with its hearts and a touch of pink.  It reminds me of my sweet little girl.  Mostly thought it reminds me of my second home,  Hawaii and all the love and warmth that is there.


1 comment:

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!