Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Baby girl is 2!


Can you guess the theme?
My sweet niece had her second birthday this weekend.  It's hard to believe it's been two years since that day.  I remember it was smack in the middle of the swine flu scare.  I had a sore throat coming on and knew I wasn't getting it, but felt exceedingly guilty when passing all the signs warning against swine flu, to get to Emma's hospital room.  It was the weirdest labor coaching I've ever done: I didn't touch her at all!  She and Danny really wanted me to be there, but I wasn't willing to risk sickness for them, so it was all words and moral support.  She was amazing.  Just when she was demanding pain meds, we fetched the nurses and doctors and it was too late.  My niece was born!    
What a blessing birth is.  I am so thankful to have been there, and even more thankful to get to be a part of my niece's life.





What's that on your shoulder, Rob?
Niece and her two almost-the-same-age girl cousins
I have the lunchbox, Danny has the thermos
perfect birthday dinner.
Say Cheese!
The babygirl paparazzi.  I counted 6 cameras there. And up on the rail is the banner that I thought said "Kidnapped"  Instead, it was something in spanish about birthdays and such.   

happiness is hanging onto dad's leg



Her first American Girl Doll, a Bitty Baby.  



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness is she really this big now?!

    It really does seem like yesterday I was seeing pictures of Leila being born, and then Amelia, and then Wilson!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!