Monday, January 9, 2012

6 Miles by Bike




 This evening, my husband Brandon and I went on an impromptu bike ride on the new stretch of the centennial trail near our home.  The Centennial Trail is a county park project that is converting the old Burlington Northern railway line into a paved recreational trail.  The new section of the trail stretches through wetlands and more untamed land than the older part of the trail and will soon cross Pilchuck creek, a lovely creek that eventually joins up with the Stillaguamish river.  We enjoyed the light of the day's end and exchanged silly banter as we rode.  Brandon encouraged me in my need to stop and take a picture every once in a while so I could share some of the beauty.  The whole ride was six miles, which is certainly a lot easier than running the same distance used to be.  It was relaxing and reviving.  I'm so thankful to live in such a beautiful place!













1 comment:

  1. You guys are so cute! I love the pictures. They make me want to go take a bike ride.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!