Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First day


It feels like my kids are going off to college already, but it's just middle school.  After homeschooling for all of their years of early education, they are going into 6th and 8th grade at the local middle school. It was not a decision easily made.

They are a delight to have around.  They are helpful, bright, hilarious and creative.  It will be strange to not have them around during the day.  I'm thankful for each of the teachers who will be joining the ever expanding team of mentors for my kids and am looking forward to finding out what new things they'll get my kids excited about.

Isaac will get to be in an after school robotics team and may get to pick up a second instrument in band this year.  Eva will be playing her clarinet in band and will be taking a home living course.  They will both have core classes in math, science, history and english.  I'm so proud of them and I know they will do wonderfully.  I pray that God will give them patience and that the kids and teachers will be extra kind.  I love these kids!


4 comments:

  1. Angie, in case you didn't cry enough tears this morning over having your two beautiful kids head off to middle school, I cried some for you too. That's a big step for your family. God's sweet peace and grace to you all as He leads you in new directions. Love, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope they had a great first day! I remember going to 8th grade for the first time, after being homeschooled for my elementary years.....It was a bit of a rough transition but, I totally survived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad everything is going smoothly for you in this time of transition. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so grown up!!! They are so beautiful!!! {Handsome...if Isaac Prefers, I just realized, I might have been spelling his name wrong for years.}

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!