Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Photoshop

My dad before the wedding: the result of blending the two pictures below.  I liked how he was standing in the first one, but it was overexposed, so I put him into the background of the second one!

I bought photoshop earlier this year with my Christmas money and educator discount, but have been afraid to touch it. I took looks of spur of the moment pictures at my brother's wedding, but mostly i was chasing flower girls dressed in white and my pictures were not awesome. My friend Josie is a whiz at photoshop, so she taught me how to change exposure in an image where the foreground is dark and the background is very blown out, then merge the two exposures. She also showed me how to take one element from one picture and put it into another. These are my first attempts, so don't laugh too hard. It was HARD for me, not a techy person at all!

I liked dad in this one..

I liked the background in this one.
This is my brother matt and his wife.  The photographer had them standing, backlit by the setting sun.  I am sure she knows what she is doing with editing and metering, but this is what I got with spot metering.  This is before editing. 

After photoshop editing.  This is not the best picture, but I didn't want to work on a really good picture first.  

4 comments:

  1. :) You're funny! "This is not the best picture, but I didn't want to work on a really good picture first."

    You're awesome...FYI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (just in case it's not clear, I quoted you...I am not saying your picture is bad)

      Delete

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!