Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat!



tangerine jack o lanterns

This afternoon was spent rescuing our chickens and their chicken tractor from our 3-6 inch deep flooded field.  The chickens were happily walking around in this water, and I began to wonder what sorts of things happen to chickens who decide to think they are waterfowl.  So my little 9 year old muscle man helped me get the chicken tractor to higher ground and the chickens happily began to scratch again.

Thankfully, that was the only trick played on us today and the kids were able to happily knock on strangers' doors and ask for candy.  My brothers, their wives, a friend and a cousin were part of our excellent and motley crew.  It was a grand time, with my brothers sporting a giant painted smile and false eyelashes, respectively.

I finally let Levi be a vampire at 9 years of age.  His grandpa dresses up as one every year, and this year, I decided it really didn't matter, and it was just fine.  No children seemed inordinately fearful when they saw him, and he didn't begin to act out in sinister ways.  We topped the evening off with a good old fashioned apple pie made by my ever talented sisters in law and headed home, overflowing with the joy that only a sugar high can bring.  Happy Halloween!

Vampire, scarecrow, farmer girl, little red riding hood and 4 seasons princess girl
My, what long lashes you have!  Yes, my brothers are silly.





Charley dog enjoys some trick or treating 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!