Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Joy

Our Jesus birthday cake.  Bread drenched with peanut butter and sprinkled with craisins.  I bet the little boy version of Jesus would have thought this was quite the interesting treat.  
It's a lovely thing that the days surrounding the shortest, darkest day of the year are the ones we've chosen to celebrate the birth of Jesus.  Christmas is a season filled with anticipation, busy preparation, celebration, togetherness and joy.  Here are a few of our favorite moments from our family Christmas celebrations this year.

my little niece anticipates opening a gift at a family gathering

I think she is a ninja twirly fairy.
The Little People Nativity fell over.  The angel is planking.
Christmas Eve:  "Santa" footprints in place, stockings filled.
I learned this trick in MOPS back when my bigs were littles.  You sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of a boot, then stamp the boot on the floor in footprints leading to your Christmas tree.  Santa has tracked in snow that will also deodorize and clean and sweeps up easily.  My kids all know the truth about Santa, but love to play!  Maia ran right through the footprint on Christmas morning, thus the barefoot footprint.

One of my presents.  
Probably my favorite gift of all time was the gift of my husband 14 years ago.  We weren't married at Christmas, but I celebrate the fact God gave him to me all the time.  


Trying her new makeup
Mirror reflection
Zoe, my nephew's doggy.

the obligatory crazy daddy face
All in the family.  My nephew pokes fun.
Our sleepy Koa, later that night.
Maia enjoys a little PBS kids down time on the computer.



Enjoying the last moments of Christmas

                                                                                                               

2 comments:

  1. Sienna made the blog!! :) Great images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great Christmas. Love the photos of your family. I left a comment about laundry detergent after the post about septic systems. I always thought that bar soaps were the culprit because they wouldn't break down due to the oil base in them. I'm hoping that the powder I use will not clog our system...I try and make sure it's dissolved before adding the clothes.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!