Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Turkey


"Oh! Beautiful!" was the exclamation made by our youngest upon seeing our early Christmas turkey in the roasting pan this morning. We are so thankful for our friends who grew this bird for us, so that it was able to journey just a few miles from farm to table.  I wrote about our experience processing it here.  I have never roasted a turkey before so it was a new experience for me.  It may have been a little dry because I roasted it a little too long, but it created oodles of drippings, which meant more gravy than we could ever hope for.  It was delicious.  We enjoyed it with my brother and his wife and daughter and will be happily eating leftovers throughout the rest of the week.  We are blessed.



1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this back in December?!?! That looks like a really tasty bird! Thanks for the wright up Angie!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!