Sunday, December 23, 2012

Thirty-four

My oldest daughter made me cake with fondant icing.
34 is an ordinary age.  When I had my birthday last month, I realized how happy I was to be turning this nondescript age.  I am maybe half way through my life, and my life has been very full thus far.  I have five children who span most of the ages of childhood.  They have taught me patience, perseverance and how to survive on very little sleep.  Being married for fourteen years has grown me in more ways than I every dreamed, teaching me to learn grace, kindness, perseverance and how to be so intimately connected to a person you don't know which thoughts are whose.  Thirty four is good, and I am thankful.

My second youngest made me a cake out of powdered sugar, raisins and honey.  It was actually edible.  

Saraiah made me a wand because it was my birthday, then hung it up as a decoration.
Another decoration
A card I received from Saraiah
Maia is giddy about the presents she has prepared for me

This is what I found inside: kidney beans, beads, garbanzo beans, a snowman ornament, a shoe and I think some keys.

Cakes at the family party for me, my brother and Brandon's grandma.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment! Thanks for taking the time to do so!